Thursday, May 3, 2012

The past week....

This past week has been slow, long, and drawn out, but I have enjoyed it. Surprisingly!

Sunday, Bob and I decided to go look at new furniture. We had to do something. My back could not take the ol couch anymore, and I was sick of sleeping at the dining room table or in a zero gravity lawn chair, when by back goes out...which it tends to do on a semi regular basis these days.
Anyway, we got some coupon/flyer thing in the mail for Conn's and it said to apply online to see if you get approved before actually going to the store. So, Bob's immediate response was "get on line and see what they say!" and so I did, and those idiots said APPROVED! With that being said, and the email and all the other required documents in hand (except the coupon, because I forgot it) we went to Conn's like we had any good sense and all the money in Bill Gates' bank account. (in reality, we had ZERO money!) Thanks IRS and the hubs unfortunate bout of gallbladder issues, that required a 3 day stay in the hospital.
We walked in and of course were immediately welcomed by Frances who asked what we were looking for and could she help us find anything, blah, blah, blah. Well, we told her about the coupon and the email saying we were approved, and so it all begins...We found what we liked, Frances wrote down all of the info that she needed and then proceeds to ask do we need anything else, like a television, computer, camera, or anything. I say no, Bob says, "what do you have?"
Long story short, we got the new living room furniture, a new Dell desktop, and a new lens for my camera. (mother's day and birthday gifts for me) I did not want to do all that, nor did I ask. Yes, the hubs knows I have been wanting the lens, but I was willing and ready to wait for that. Nope, we got it all that day....and didn't pay a single penny! Good and bad. lol. Got something that we had to have, something that would come in handy, something I could have waited for, and ANOTHER BILL. Oh well, I guess you only live once. With all of that being said, there is no penalty for paying it off early, which is what is going to happen, but not until after I pay for my awesome bedroom furniture, who thanks to my MeMe, I was able to get for a great deal. A steal really. That will paid very soon though.

 Monday was nothing special. Bob had to have blood work done. I cut, colored and highlighted my aunts hair and then it was softball time.

Tuesday, I had the chance to try out my new lens by taking senior pictures for my cousin. I have always loved taking pictures, and have been wanting to take a photography class really bad, and I never thought that I would get to do anything like this. I had so much fun. I can't stop thinking about it, or looking at the pictures. lol.













I think I did a pretty dang good job, even if I do say so myself! The icing on top of the cake....I got paid for it...and I don't mean 20 or 40 bucks! I was not expecting that, and you have no clue how good that made me feel! I know I still need a lot of practice, and should probably learn how to use the photoshop elements 9 that came with my new computer, but still...not too shabby for a beginner!!!!! This is what I want to do when I grow up! At 33 (34 in a few days) I have finally figured it out! Yay me.

Wednesday, the kids got out of school early. It was actually pointless to send them to school if you ask me, but whatever. We picked up Keigan and then Bob had a doctors appointment for some pre-op stuff, and surgery will be in a couple of weeks. Then we came home, Bob took the kids swimming while I did some laundry and played around with Shay's pictures and then we went to dinner with lots of great people for Pops' birthday. Pops is the father in law.

Today is Thursday and Keigan got to stay home from school. Her class was going on a field trip to the Downtown Aquarium and she did not want to go. I had told her when she said that she did not want to go that she could stay home that day and she and I would go to the movies, but that was before the extended hospital stay, but she and I have had a great mommy and daughter day and she is happy with what we have done.
Now, we are just waiting for Dawson to get home from his first detention and then it will be off to baseball practice!!!

Loving Life Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment