Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I'm gonna miss this

SO, softball and baseball season is almost over for both kids and I must admit, I am going to miss it! I look forward to this time of year, even though I often times feel like I can't wait until it is over. Crazy I know.


Next will be here before I know it, and I will be doing it all over again.


I, along with the kids, have meet some great people, mostly at the softball fields, and I enjoy watching their kids just as much as my own. Next year, Keigan will move up to the next division and instead of the coach pitching the ball, it will be the girls. Scary, but exciting. I hope is that when Keigan get hits with the ball, she won't throw herself down, but yet, shake it off, and knock the hell out of the next pitch. I think she will be happy, she should be on her favorite coaches team and she is looking forward to that.
I don't think Dawson is going to play baseball at all next year. Excited and sad about this. He wants to play football in the 7th grade, and I am just not big on forking out all that money for him to play both. We shall see what happens. I don't think he will like football as much as he thinks, but I could be wrong. He really wanted to play at his old school, mostly because it is a smaller district I think, and all the coaches were pumping him up and getting him excited about playing, and building his ego. Ugh. Just what every 12, almost 13 year old boy needs....someone feeding into the ego, therefore feeding into that "I know it all" attitude. How exciting?!? I am so not looking forward to more of that, but I do want him to have the experience and succeed and accelerate in sports. Hell, I ain't going to lie, I hope he gets a scholarship to college playing sports! Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment