Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Missing: Scott Rascoe

So, this past week has been a little crazy. All of my days are running together, and emotions are high.

Before I get too far into this post, let me say that I honestly believe that friends are the FAMILY that we choose for ourselves.

Saturday May 5, 2012
Dawson had a field trip to Schlitterbahn in Galveston. Keigan was with her dad, fishing, which she says they only caught 3 shad by the way. Bob and I went to the movies to see The Lucky One. I read the book first, and I am glad I did, because as always, the book was a million times better. After that we went and enjoyed a visit with Ronnie and Cindy until it was time for them to go get their girls from a local water park and us to go get Dawson from the school. After that we went to Anahuac to hang out with Ra-Ra for her birthday celebration. They had some friends over and we were all outside and one of their friends and his son got out some guitars and started playing and singing. I love it. Reminded me of growing up, and how much I miss those days. I wish I would have learned how to play the guitar. I want to take lessons, and I have for a long time, but I doubt that will ever happen. My kids are missing out on what I cherished the most as a child.

Sunday,
We went to a birthday party for Bob's cousins' kids. It was at the party that I was aware that my friend Cindy (who I was just at her house) was in serious need of friends. Her brother had been missing since Saturday evening and they were searching for him. I don't know her brother, but I did not ask questions at the time. I just did what I would want friends to do for me, and that is help. We left the birthday party and headed right to where they were going to search some woods. We searched, came up with nothing and then got word that Texas Equusearch was headed to Baytown to set up a command post and help in the search and rescue, or recovery of my friends brother. We headed over to where they were going to set up the CP and while we waited for Equusearch to get there, some people were out on ATV's in the wooded area where we were at and they were not able to come up with anything either.
Once the Equusearch people got there they did some more foot searching in the woods, and on ATV's and then we all headed to an old abandon hospital. They sent teams in and they came out with nothing as well. Back to the CP we went, and then the search was suspended for the night because it was too dark to really do anything else.

Monday,
A new CP was set up at a church and foot searchers were sent back to the abandon hospital, and ATV teams were sent to an old oil field area. I was on a team that went into the hospital. It was horrible. Though we did not see any, you could tell that homeless people live in this place, and the conditions where horrid. There were 2 teams, and we covered every inch of the place that we could. If I never went back into something like that, it would be too soon, but at the same time, I would do it all over again, knowing the reason I was there.
I had to leave at about 2:45 and go get Keigan and Dawson from school, then I went to Deer Park to pick up a friends daughter for her, so that she could stay and help search. I would say by 5, that Equusearch suspended the search, with almost 3 hours of daylight left. They said their people were tired and had been out too long. This disgusted me because most of the people that were there from Equusearch had not done anything. 2 of the people had gone on the foot search, and maybe 3 on ATV's that morning, and it wasn't until after we finished searching the hospital that more ATV's were sent out to join those few that were already out there. Whatever. It was just very disturbing to me.

Tuesday,
There were a lot more ATV searchers out this morning than had been yet. They were working some good leads, but unfortunately still came up with nothing. Equusearch said that have decided to suspend all search efforts for good. What?!?!?!? The day wasn't even half over. While I believe this organization is awesome in what they do, and I really want to join them, I think the search coordinator was lazy and did a piss poor job, and really did not want to listen to the family about some things.

I left some stuff out, but only because I do not remember what days it happened on.

Like I told my friends though, Equusearch may have called off their search, that does not mean that the rest of us have to stop looking for Scott Rascoe.


Here are some things we know

Scott Rascoe is believed to have last been seen the evening of May 5, 2012. I think it was his daughter that was contacted by his ex girlfriend claiming that he had just shot at her house, which according to the police is a lie. Never happened. Scott was not known to have a gun, but this started the family thinking and so his son went to look for his own gun and it was gone. The scope had been taken off and a note left for his son simply telling him here are the keys to his motorcycle and the title and  that he loved him. Then I guess around 1:30 in the morning the daughter found a note on her back porch with a debit card and instructions how to use it and that he loved her.
The gun that was taken is a .22 short rifle.


No comments:

Post a Comment