Thursday, July 28, 2011

what to do, what to do.....

I am sitting here with the kids, watching Wipeout. I think I would love to go play on all the stuff, but not really be on the show. It is absolutely stupid with the commentary. I would watch the show on mute if the kids would let me.

Anyway, I am also sitting here thinking about all kinds of thing. Life and all that it brings, and doesn't bring. I sometimes with I was born into a family that was rich and famous, but not often. I am thankful for everything that I have in my life. I just hate the struggle at times.
I spent 2 years in cosmetology school so I could do hair, which I absolutely love doing, but I do not enjoy working in corporate owned salons, and Bob doesn't like it either. He would rather I stay home with the kids vs. working retail hours, and not really making squat. So that is what I do. I mean hell, I make more in child support than I did in 1 month at a Regis Corporation salon. That company sucks! I will never work for them again. But I am ready to go back to work. I need to go back to work, but I need to be able to not work every single weekend, or every single night. I know, beggars can't be choosers. I have been giving a lot of thought into going back to school, but I don't really want to spend the next 2 years in school not making money either. There is a place I can go to that is about an hour away and do medical billing and coding, and it would take about 7 months. They have financial aid, but the drive alone is a real doozy. Ugh. I am just at a stand still in my life right now. I want to do more, to be able to help better my family, but sadly, with the economy the way it is, does it really pay for me to go to work? I mean, it's not like there is anything close by, so I would have to drive, which, with gas over $3.50 a gallon, it would be costly. Thank God my car gets about 26 mpg. We are trying to rebuild credit, save money, and pay bills all at once, with only 1 person working. It doesn't seem to be working out so well at times. LOL. Again, I guess that is just how life goes, and don't get me wrong, I am not looking for pity, just venting I guess. We are ready to move, but we know we can not afford it at the moment, and though Bob makes great money at his job, his hours are not guaranteed, therefore, neither is the money. I still do not understand this whole I.L.A union stuff, but I just wish he was an "A" button, with what they call a "regular" job. That way he could only work Monday through Friday if he wanted too.

Well, I need to get off of here. My kiddos are about to leave for the weekend with their Dad, and we are watching a show together before they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment