Friday, July 15, 2011

starting a new life style...oh boy

So, now that Bob is more than 3 months post-op of his lap-band surgery, we have decided to set out on our journey to a new life style. Being healthier, not only for ourselves, but the kids as well. In doing that, I know that we will struggle with the commitment that it is going to take, but I think as long as we are there to support each other, than we will be able to do it.

The hardest parts are going to be:
#1. STOP SMOKING
#2. DON'T GIVE UP WHEN THE WORKOUTS SEEM TO GET TOO HARD
#3. (for me) I HAVE TO ACTUALLY EAT MORE FOOD

I have am horrible about only eating once a day. The food we eat 90% of the time is fairly healthy, I think. I mean, we are not eating out all the time, we eat a lot of grilled chicken, or baked chicken. Not very much pork. Not a lot of junk food, but sometimes we do splurge and eat out and eat junk.

Today, I went to my first session with a personal trainer. She was awesome, and I wish I could afford more than the 3 sessions that I have with her. I may need it. Lol. Maybe later on, I will buy a group of sessions.
Anyway, today's workout was not a full work out because of all the other stuff we had to go over and do, but I am telling you, what work out I did get in, WORKED ME OUT. My legs felt like noodles after only 5 minutes on the elliptical machine, (which I hate to begin with) and I was dying after only 2 minutes. That is HORRIBLE, I know, but I will work my way up there. I have to do cardio at the very least. 5 times a week, for at least 45 minutes, working my way up to at least an hour. Keeping this fat girls heart rate above 146 the entire time. OH BOY! In doing all of this, I should be able to drop 2 pound per week. HAHA. We shall see how this works out.
I do not ever tell anybody how much I weigh, but I will tell it today. 268! OMG. This is the biggest I have ever been in my whole life, and I am sick of it. I was 215 when my second child was born. I want out of the 2's all together.
Wish us luck.....

3 comments:

  1. Me, too! I want to be outa the 2's. Good luck to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it gets easier...how many times a week do yall go to the gym?

    OK what the hell is the deal??? I can't post a comment without it putting us some wierd number instead of my name...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go at least 5 days a week. Bob goes when he can, which is usually almost as much as I go, but sometimes his work gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete